2019 Summer Drum Camp
August 12 -16, 2019
Fun and challenging camp for drummers and percussionists who would like to greatly improve their musical abilities in a short time. Open by invitation or audition. Details below.
VIDEOS FROM OUR 2018 CAMP:
Sound Tree Quartet
Cold Shot — Camper plays drums in a blues band
Five Long Years — Camper plays drums in a blues band
Campers improvise on 2 drum sets
Photos from past camps.
|It’s so important for drummers to learn music in a musical context. In each camp we’ll provide plenty of playing opportunities both in percussion ensembles and also in a real life band with our guest artists (guitarist, bassist and keyboardist).
Each day we’ll work on drum set, hand drumming/percussion, and tonal percussion (marimba, xylophone, vibes and timpani). Activities include:
- Lots of improvisation
- Playing in a band with our guest artists
- Hand and feet technique, reading and writing music
- Daily percussion ensembles: structured pieces and in-the-moment playing on hand percussion & sound tree
- Drum set round robin – play on two sets with other drummers
- Efficient and effective practice techniques
- Practical skills: drum setup, tuning, and types of gear
- Basics of recording and technology (if time)
Bring your stick bag with sticks, brushes, mallets, a bottle of cold water and a bagged lunch, and get ready to have a fun and intense time each day enjoying a great adventure through the world of drums & percussion.
$375 for the week. Space is limited to 7 percussionists. Some scholarship money available. Barters considered.
Contact Rob 802 247-2700 or info@WholeMusicLearning.com
More photos from our past camps.
Photos from 2011 camp Photos from 2010 camp